railroad > CSX

CSX

CSX Transportation was formed on July 1st, 1986. This was a renaming of the Seaboard System and Chessi System in to one company. CSX runs mostly east coast routes. It's rails go as far west as St. Louis, but most end near the Illinois/Indiana State Line. On June 6, 1998 CSX received about 42% of the former Conrail lines (mostly New York Central lines), while the Norfolk Southern Railroad got the other 58%.

Various pictures of the CSX
Caboose Engines Grade Crossing Misc. Signals