railroad > Toledo, Peoria, & Western
Toledo, Peoria, & Western
The Toledo, Peoria, & Western runs east-west from Mapleton, Illinois to Logansport, Indiana, via Peoria, Illinois. It was formed in Illinois on March 28, 1887 when the Toledo, Peoria & Warsaw railroad merged with the Logansport, Peoria, and Burlington railroad. In 1887 one of the worst railroad accidents in the United State history took place with at TPW passenger train east of Chatsworth, Illinois. In 1960, the TPW was aquired buy the Atchison, Topeka, & Santa Fe Railroad and the Pennsylvania Railroad. In 1979, ATSF gain control of the TPW. It was merged into the ATSF in 1983. February, 1983 brought the sale of the TPW main line from the ATSF to Delaware Otsego Corporation, who brought the TPW name back to the rail line. RailAmerica acquired the TPW in 1989.
Various pictures of the Toledo, Peoria, & Western
Caboose Engine Grade Crossings Misc. Signals